Private Equity in the Post-Industrial Transition
July 18, 2017
PE firms are facing disruption from exponential technologies, but there are also tremendous opportunities for value creation. Exponentially developing and overlapping technologies are rapidly transforming industries worldwide. This is a big challenge for PE firms and corporates alike. Corporations tend to evolve at a slower pace and can struggle to attract and retain innovation talent. At stake is loss of portfolio value due to extreme disruption.
In this workshop we will explore how PE firms should rethink basic assumptions about jobs, organizations and industries. While humanity is transitioning to a post-industrial civilization, mainstream management science and practices are still based on increasingly outdated industrial-era assumptions. We will introduce Post-Lean Thinking, a new management science for the post- industrial transition, and discuss how technology disruption will force PE firms to change how they source deals, do due diligence and form value creation theses.
Participants will learn about:
- How and why exponential technologies are disrupting industries worldwide
- Consequences and opportunities for PE firms
- Discovering opportunities for industry disruption
- Linking disruption and capital efficiency
- Transitioning from today’s legacy assets, technologies, and business models
- Attracting the next generation of innovators
- A new consortium for disruptive innovation
Seating is strictly limited. For a detailed agenda and for
registration, please email Charlotte Crouch at Time Partners Ltd.