Held on November 28, 2012 at 10:00 PDT / 13:00 EDT / 19:00 CET
Duration: One hour
See our tools section for the goal health evaluation tool mentioned in the webinar.
The more complex your business and the higher the pressure to move quickly, the harder it is to maintain a clear direction for everyone. Goal-setting can help us focus managers and employees, but it can be very tricky. How do we know we have the right goals? How do we track progress? And how can we progress faster than the competition?
In this webinar we will explore how to use careful goal-setting to maintain the focus of your company, and how Lean practices can help you reach your goals sooner.
You will learn:
- Why your goals may not be as clear as you think
- Tips for choosing the right goals at the right time
- How goals may inspire collaboration or competition
- How the wrong approach to goals can slow down execution
- How to integrate process, product and strategic goals
- The OKR (Objectives and Key Results) approach to goal-setting
- The crucial role of goals in problem identification and selection
- How Lean helps organizations reach goals and solve problems faster
Frode L. Odegard, Founder & CEO, Lean Systems Institute
Frode has more than twenty years of experience as an entrepreneur and trusted advisor to high-tech executives. Organizations he has helped include Sony Electronics Inc., NASA, Lockheed Martin, Candle, Conexant Systems, Mindspeed, and Plantronics. Before founding LSI in 2004, Frode was the CEO and founder of Ødegård Labs, Inc., a software engineering research and consulting firm. Prior to founding Odegard Labs in 1991, Frode was the CEO and founder of Modula-2 CASE Systems A/S, a Norwegian company building next-generation tools for embedded software developers. His interests include history, philosophy, psychology, linguistics, and strength training.
Host: Eilif Monrad-Krohn, Director of Marketing, Lean Systems Institute
Goal Health Evaluation Too
We have developed an easy-to-use Excel tool that you can use to quickly get a sense of how your team feels about the effectiveness of your goal-setting. We are providing this tool free of charge for registered visitors to our web site. Just click the button below to download it.