November 29, 10 am PST / 1pm EST / 1900 CET
In this webinar we will show how to ensure that Lean delivers real business results in an IT/software company. Managers may already be excited about how Lean practices can make work easier and their lives less stressful. However, this is NOT sufficient to make a business case for organizational transformation.
Lean represents a substantial paradigm shift in work culture, employee-employer relations, and how work is organized. Software and IT executives should pursue Lean ONLY if they understand how it can help them improve business performance. The strategy for achieving this depends heavily on the company’s lifecycle stage and business model(s).
In this webinar you will learn about:
[list style=”orb” color=”black”]
- Organizational lifecycle stages in the IT industry
- Challenges leaders must meet in different lifecycle stages
- How a company’s lifecycle stage affects its approach to Lean
- Business models in the IT industry and their pros/cons
- How Lean might influence IT companies to change business models
- Clearly formulating the transformation your company is undergoing
- Positioning Lean to drive improved business performance
- Positioning Lean to accelerate the evolution of your business
Special guest: Les Mckeown is the author of the Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestseller “Predictable Success: Getting Your Organization on the Growth Track and Keeping it There”. Les’ book is the first CEO-friendly framework for understanding clearly where an organization is in its development and what types of problems must be solved in each lifecycle stage. His upcoming book, “The Synergist”, is about developing more effective leaders. Les has been involved in starting more than forty businesses across a broad range of industries.
Frode L. Odegard is the CEO and Founder of the Lean Software Institute. He has more than twenty years of experience as an entrepreneur and trusted advisor to high-tech executives. Organizations Frode has helped include Sony Electronics Inc., NASA, Lockheed Martin, Honeywell Aerospace, and Plantronics. He is currently working on a book on Lean Transformations in the IT industry.
This webinar has been held. No recording is available at this time.